Andrei Timonov is a lawyer with more than ten years of experience, and an advisor to RIYAKO&PARTNERS.
The main specialization is tax law, advising business on tax planning and optimization of taxation of economic activity, protection of interests in disputes with tax authorities and in criminal cases related to tax crimes.
- 2004-2009 KHNU im. V.N. Karazin, specialty «Jurisprudence», qualification «Specialist in the field of law»;
- 2008-2011 NTU XPI, specialty «Accounting and auditing», qualification «Economist-analyst».
- From September 2008 to April 2009 - lawyer of «Television and Radio Company «Region».
- From April 2009 to January 2012 - Senior State Tax Inspector of the Legal Department in the State Tax Inspection of Dzerzhinsky District of Kharkiv.
- From January 2012 to May 2012 - Head of the Information and Analytical Support and Reporting Sector of the Legal Department in the State Tax Inspection of the Dzerzhinsky District of Kharkiv.
- From May 2012 to August 2013 - Head of the Legal Department in the State Tax Inspection of the Moscow District of Kharkiv.
- From August 2013 to December 2015 - Deputy Head of the Legal Support Department of the Legal Work Department of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine in Kharkiv Oblast.
- From December 2015 to October 2016 - Head of the Legal Sector of the Ordzhonikidzevskaya GFSY Fire in Zaporizhia Oblast.
- From October 2016 to August 2017 - Chief Tax Inspector of the VAT Administration Department of the Eastern OGNI GFC in Kharkiv Oblast.
- From August 2017 to July 2018 - Chief Tax Inspector of the Legal Department of the Kharkov Office of the Office of the Big Payers of the GFC of Ukraine
- Since January 2019 - private law practice.
Andrey has a huge experience in the field of protection of clients from illegal and unsubstantiated claims of tax authorities.
In addition to active scientific activity, Andrei systematically advises industry associations and acts as a speaker at specialized mass events.
On several occasions he has defended the interests of economic entities in the courts, in disputes with tax authorities concerning the cancellation of tax notifications-decisions, refusal to register tax invoices, deprivation of the status of VAT payer and of the single tax, refusal to register the VAT payer’s table.
Advises business on proper tax planning with the aim of minimizing the risks of blocking the activity of the enterprise by including in the list of «risky» and optimizing the tax burden on the enterprise.
Knowledge of languages:
Ukrainian, English, Russian;
Membership of organizations:
National Bar Association of Ukraine